Friday 23 August 2013

Crafty Creatives - Dreamcatcher

Hey everyone!

I subscribed to crafty creatives after seeing it on Hayleys blog Water Painted Dreams. Basically you get sent a little box every month with a couple of kits and some other bits to make what you want.

This months theme was WESTERN. The kits were a dreamcatcher and a rope bowl. I also got some fabric patches, star studs, beads, fringing, craft paper, a bear gemstone bead, an art print and a few other bits I can't remember haha.




I've started with the dream catcher kit - everything is included but you also need scissors and glue.



You start with a metal ring which you wrap the leather round, gluing it down as you go. I used my glue gun (which I love) as it will glue anything to anything haha. I can imagine PVA would get quite messy!

 Ta da! The instructions said to make a loop with the thread provided but I made it with the leather as I thought it'd be sturdier.
 The next step is to tie and then loop the thread around the ring making sure its not too tight. I used my finger to hold each section down then loop.

You then repeat, this time looping the thread through your previous loops and repeating until you get to the middle. This bits quite fiddley - I found it easier if you put the loop flat on the table and use your finger to pull each loop.
 This is mine! I think I missed out some loops but it doesn't really matter.



Now it's time to add decoration; anything from beads to feathers to tassles. I added a little bead and feather charm. I found the thread provided a bit crap as it kept fraying making it impossible to thread through the beads so I may go and add some more decoration later with my own thread.

This is my finished dreamcatcher! :-)

Hope you like!

Kate

1 comment: